Code of Conduct for Events
AEE is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and AEE staff. This AEE Event Code of Conduct applies to all individuals involved in AEE events, including attendees, speakers, volunteers, industry partners, exhibitors, AEE staff members, service providers, and others. By participating in AEE conferences, expo hall activities, and related events, including events held in conjunction with AEE events, you agree to comply with this AEE Event Code of Conduct.
This AEE Event Code of Conduct establishes clear guidelines for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable conduct. At AEE, we advocate for equal opportunities and treatment for all participants. All participants are expected to treat others with respect and consideration, adhere to venue rules, and promptly notify staff of any violations of this AEE Event Code of Conduct, including hazardous situations, or any participant in distress.
We believe that fostering an environment built on mutual respect and collaboration is essential for the success of our events and the well-being of all attendees. Therefore, we require your full cooperation in adhering to the principles outlined in this AEE Code of Conduct.
Code of Ethical Conduct
- We Value People First: Making a positive impact in peoples’ lives while delivering high-quality and responsive service.
- We are a Global Family: Treating all with mutual respect, honor, dignity, and loyalty, as we work together towards a common goal.
- We are Guided by the Highest Standards: Upholding the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, impartiality, honesty, ethical conduct, and attitude in all relations.
- We Celebrate Diversity and Inclusion: Modeling and promoting the benefits of a diverse and inclusive environment with equity for all.
- We are Innovative: Continuously striving for professional and personal growth and looking for creative solutions to evolve and adapt to be at the forefront of the industry and our operations.
We value a safe and inclusive environment for all participants and expect everyone to adhere to these guidelines during our events.
Unacceptable behavior includes:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions by any participants at or in relation to the AEE Conference, expo hall, or related events. All who participate in the AEE conference, expo hall, and related events deserve respectful treatment, regardless of the capacity in which they are attending or participating. Discussion of opposing or different viewpoints is appropriate but is expected to be conducted in a respectful tone and manner that avoids personal attacks.
- Verbal or physical abuse, intimidation, or efforts to annoy others, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous or creates reasonable apprehension in a person.
- Harassing behavior (including, but not limited to, offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in AEE-sponsored spaces or in presentations, yelling at or threatening participants, stalking or unwelcome following, harassing photography or recording, or unwelcome physical or verbal contact or sexual attention.)
- Disrupting a meeting or related event. All participants must comply with the instructions of moderators, security, and any AEE staff.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated at AEE conferences, meetings, or related events. We expect immediate compliance from anyone asked to cease such behavior. AEE reserves the right to take necessary and appropriate actions, including immediate removal from the conference, meeting, expo hall, or related event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. Furthermore, AEE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future conference, meeting, expo, or related event, whether virtual or in person.
In addition, participants are required to cooperate fully with any AEE investigation into reported violations of this AEE Event Code of Conduct. When relevant, participants must provide requested information to assist in AEE’s investigation. We will also provide individuals who have reported a violation with the outcome of the investigation. The information shared will be limited to whether AEE found a violation of the AEE Event Code of Conduct, whether any sanctions or corrective actions were imposed, and, at AEE’s discretion, the nature of those sanctions and corrective actions.
By adhering to these guidelines, we collectively contribute to a respectful and inclusive environment at our events.
What to do if you witness or experience conduct that violates this AEE Event Code of Conduct
Conduct in violation of this AEE Event Code of Conduct should be promptly brought to the attention of Lauren Lake, Director of Events, [email protected], so that we can take appropriate action.
Current as of 7/31/23